One or more awards totaling up to $1,500 are being offered to promote knowledge in Information Systems Auditing. In addition, the winners will have the opportunity of being published in the Information Systems Control Journal® and in the ISACA® LA Chapter website. Papers should be typewritten, a minimum of 2,500 words and follow the Chicago Manual of Style or APA Style using endnotes, rather than footnotes, to credit sources.
Minimum criteria for the paper are:
- Original material on a current topic related to Information Systems Auditing
- Well researched with the majority (>50%) of the references less than 2 years old
- Paper must be well organized and free from grammar and spelling errors
- Preference will be given to papers that are presented in a format that is easy to read andunderstand.
Possible topics include:
- Managing Spyware
- Identity Theft
- Patch Management
- Intrustion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Event Log Correlation
- Computer Forenics Tools
- Securing Wireless
- Spam Filtering
- Voice Over IP (VoIP) – Security Controls/Risks
All award recipients are subject to approval by the Board of Directors of the Los AngelesChapter. Awards will not be given if candidates do not meet minimum qualifying criteria.
Send entries, questions or comments to our Academic Relations team at academicrelationsisacala.org. Please note: To prevent spam email collected from webcrawlers to our email forwarding addresses, note that the “@” symbol is an image. You will need to manually enter the “@” symbol. Additionally, we have removed hyperlinks to our email address.